Tula Toddler Carrier - Bliss BouquetTula
- Can be used for both front and back carries
- Can be used from 11-27kg (25–60 pounds) (toddler sized carrier)
- Provides an ergonomic M-position seat supporting optimal development for baby’s body
- Easy to care for and machine washable
- Removable hood included in same colour as the canvas
- Large front pocket on the contouring hip belt
- Highest quality Duraflex buckles
- Dual-adjustment straps, provide the perfect fit
- Extra padding around leg-opening for baby’s comfort
- Supportive shoulder padding for your optimal comfort
- Hand-made from 100% Öko-Tex Standard 100 certified canvas and cotton design over top of body of carrier
- Instruction brochure
- Toddler Size Carrier Panel Measures 44.5cm (17.5”) tall, 47cm (18.5”) wide at the seat, and 51cm (20”) wide at the top.
- Toddler Size Padded Shoulder Straps measure 46cm (18”) when not expanded and 53cm (21”) when expanded. The webbing attached to the strap is an additional 74cm (29”) long.
- Hip Belt Measures 14cm (5.5") tall and 68.5cm (27") wide. Additional webbing extends approximately 76cm (30”) (waistband total of ~ 145cm (57”) long).
- Weight of the carrier: 800-900g.
Front Carry Instructions
- Secure the waist belt by fastening the buckle. The male buckle should be fed under the elastic on the waist belt and into the family buckle until it clicks. Tighten the waist belt by pulling on the adjustable strap. The carrier’s panel should be centered on your body.
- Hold your child so that he can wrap his legs around your waist.
- Use one hand to support the child while using the other to lift the panel up behind the child’s back.
- While supporting the child with one arm, slip the other arm into the strap.
- Now, slip the other arm into the other strap. Make sure your child’s bottom is deep in the panel just above the waist belt.
- Buckle the chest behind your shoulders to secure your child in the carrier.
- Adjust the carrier so that your child is comfortable and close to your body by pulling on the adjustable straps for a snug fit.
Back Carry Instructions
- Secure the waist belt by fastening the buckle. The male buckle should be fed under the elastic on the waist belt and into the female buckle until it clicks. Tighten the waist belt by pulling on the adjustable strap. The carrier’s panel should be centered on your body. Slip the strap over one arm.
- Place your child on your hip. Use the arm that is free from the strap to rotate your child from the hip position into the carrier while using the arm in the strap to secure your child (please have someone assist you until you feel comfortable to perform this step on your own).
- Lean forward slightly so that you child is resting his weight on your back while your child is rotating from the hip position, and keep his weight secured by your other arm.
- Pull the panel up with your free arm and slip your free arm through the second strap as thought you were putting on a backpack strap, maintaining a slight forward lean to help control baby’s weight.
- Make sure your child’s bottom is deep in the panel, just above the waist belt by pulling the top of the panel upward via the straps while gently bouncing the child into the carrier panel.
- Pull the adjustable straps for a snug and secure fit.
We recommend spot cleaning your carrier as needed with a soft cloth, soap and warm water. Machine wash when necessary in cold water, on delicate cycle, with mild detergent. Air dry.
What is a Tula?
When someone refers to a Tula, they are most likely referring to our soft structured ergonomic canvas carriers, or buckle carriers. Our Tula Baby Carriers are made from 100% cotton canvas and quality fabrics and come in a wide range of prints and colors. The Tula Baby Carrier is available in two sizes, Standard (Baby) and Toddler.
What size should I get? Standard or Toddler?
The standard (Baby) Tula is recommended for children from 7-20kg (15 – 45lbs). You can use the standard Tula for newborns, combined with an infant insert
Free to Grow extenders can also be added to the standard to lengthen the “life” of the carrier by adding to the width of the body panel.
The toddler Tula is recommended beginning when the child is a minimum of 11kg (25 pounds) and 82cm (32 inches) tall. Due to the height and width of the Toddler carrier, we do not recommend using the toddler size with a newborn or an infant below our minimum height recommendation.
This 2 year old is 86cm (34 inches) tall and weighs 12.5kg (27lbs). He fits comfortably in both the Baby Tula as well as the Toddler Tula.
What are the dimensions of a Standard Baby Tula vs a Toddler Tula?
All of our products are handcrafted and may have slight variations in size.
The Standard Tula measures approximately 39cm (15.5”) tall, 38cm (15”) wide at the base of the panel, and 17” wide at the top of the panel. The Toddler Tula measures approximately 44.5cm (17.5”) tall, 47cm (18.5”) inches wide at the base, and 51cm (20”) wide at the top of the panel. The weight of a Tula canvas carrier is between 600g (1.5lbs) and 900g (2lbs).
Can you use an infant insert with a Toddler Tula?
No, the infant insert can only be used with a standard sized carrier.
Being a plus sized Mom, can the Tula Baby Carrier fit me well? Can the Tula also fit petite moms under 5 ft?
Our carriers are designed to fit any size wearer whether they are petite or plus sized, man or woman. The waist band has 70cm (27”) of padding with an additional 73cm (29”) of webbing, which is a waist total of between approximately 70cm (27”) to 142cm (56”). We also have designed “Perfect Fit Adjusters” on the front of the shoulder strap which can be cinched down for petite wearers or extended for taller wearers.
What is the difference between a canvas Tula Baby Carrier and a wrap conversion Tula?
Tula Baby Carriers and wrap conversion carriers are made exactly the same structurally, and are offered in the same two sizes. Tula Baby Carriers are made with a sturdy canvas and quality fabric prints, whereas Tula Wrap Conversion carriers are made using popular woven wraps, offering the ease of a structured buckle carrier, and the beauty of woven wraps. The prices vary due to additional cost in sourcing woven wraps.