Enjoy tender moments in Coast Sophia. A periwinkle background filled with small white impressions of flowers creates a refreshing chic look that celebrates the blooms of Spring. Coast Sophia will keep you and baby cool with a breathable light gray breathable mesh in the center panel and detachable hood. The print continues onto the carrier inner and outer framed panel, straps, waistband and detachable hood reach straps.
1. Every carry position your baby will need, including facing out Multiple positions to carry baby including front facing out*, facing in, and back carry. Each position provides a natural, ergonomic position best for comfortable carrying that promotes healthy hip and spine development for baby.
2. Innovative body panel with an easy-to-adjust design
Adjusts in three width settings to find a perfect fit as baby grows from newborn to early toddlerhood.
3. Padded, adjustable neck support pillow Can be used in multiple positions to provide head and neck support for newborns and sleeping babies.
4. Breathable & lightweight cotton Responsibly designed and made with care from soft and breathable 100% cotton that's easy to clean and machine washable.
5. Padding where needed for extra comfort
Padded shoulder straps provide optimal neck & shoulder comfort and offers quick adjustments for multiple wearers. Wide padded waistband helps evenly distribute weight. Padded leg openings to keep baby comfortable.
6. Waistband pocket and removable hood Large pocket on the waistband to store necessities. Coordinating removable hood with snaps to support baby's head while sleeping, sun protection while out and about, and extra privacy while feeding baby.
* Before beginning to use the Explore Carrier in the facing out position, your baby should have head and neck control and their chin should clear the top of the panel when facing out. We also suggests a weight range for the facing out position of 5.8kg - 10kg for shorter intervals of time for optimal comfort. Watch baby for signs of sleepiness or over-stimulation. Baby should not sleep in the front carry facing out position.
Depending on the snap setting, the seat panel width is adjustable from 5" - 15".
Depending on the neck pillow placement, the height of the panel is 13.5" tall when the pillow is snapped down and 17" when snapped up.
Hip Belt Measures 5" tall and 27" wide. Additional webbing extends approximately 30” (waistband total of ~ 57” long).
Weight of the carrier: 1.7 lbs.
Front Carry Instructions
Secure the waist belt by fastening the buckle. The male buckle should be fed under the elastic on the waist belt and into the family buckle until it clicks. Tighten the waist belt by pulling on the adjustable strap. The carrier’s panel should be centered on your body.
Hold your child so that he can wrap his legs around your waist.
Use one hand to support the child while using the other to lift the panel up behind the child’s back.
While supporting the child with one arm, slip the other arm into the strap.
Now, slip the other arm into the other strap. Make sure your child’s bottom is deep in the panel just above the waist belt.
Buckle the chest behind your shoulders to secure your child in the carrier.
Adjust the carrier so that your child is comfortable and close to your body by pulling on the adjustable straps for a snug fit.
Back Carry Instructions
Secure the waist belt by fastening the buckle. The male buckle should be fed under the elastic on the waist belt and into the female buckle until it clicks. Tighten the waist belt by pulling on the adjustable strap. The carrier’s panel should be centered on your body. Slip the strap over one arm.
Place your child on your hip. Use the arm that is free from the strap to rotate your child from the hip position into the carrier while using the arm in the strap to secure your child (please have someone assist you until you feel comfortable to perform this step on your own).
Lean forward slightly so that you child is resting his weight on your back while your child is rotating from the hip position, and keep his weight secured by your other arm.
Pull the panel up with your free arm and slip your free arm through the second strap as thought you were putting on a backpack strap, maintaining a slight forward lean to help control baby’s weight.
Make sure your child’s bottom is deep in the panel, just above the waist belt by pulling the top of the panel upward via the straps while gently bouncing the child into the carrier panel.
Pull the adjustable straps for a snug and secure fit.
We do not recommend back carrying your child until 12 months, or until baby has strong and consistent head, neck, and torso control, and can push him or herself independently into, and remain in, a seated position on a consistent basis.
We recommend spot cleaning your carrier as needed with a soft cloth, soap and warm water. Machine wash when necessary in cold water, on delicate cycle, with mild detergent. Air dry.
What size Tula should I get? Baby (Standard) or Toddler?
The standard (Baby) Tula is recommended for children from 7-20kg (15 – 45lbs). You can use the standard Tula for newborns, combined with an infant insert
Free to Grow extenders can also be added to the standard to lengthen the “life” of the carrier by adding to the width of the body panel.
The toddler Tula is recommended beginning when the child is a minimum of 11kg (25 pounds) and 82cm (32 inches) tall. Due to the height and width of the Toddler carrier, we do not recommend using the toddler size with a newborn or an infant below our minimum height recommendation.
This 2 year old is 86cm (34 inches) tall and weighs 12.5kg (27lbs). He fits comfortably in both the Baby Tula as well as the Toddler Tula.
Can you use an infant insert with a Toddler Tula?
No, the infant insert can only be used with a standard sized carrier.
Does Tula fit plus sized and petite mums?
Our carriers are designed to fit any size wearer whether they are petite or plus sized, man or woman. The waist band has 70cm (27”) of padding with an additional 73cm (29”) of webbing, which is a waist total of between approximately 70cm (27”) to 142cm (56”). We also have designed “Perfect Fit Adjusters” on the front of the shoulder strap which can be cinched down for petite wearers or extended for taller wearers.
How long does shipping usually take? Generally orders within Australia are shipped the same or next day and take 2 days, this can vary so here are all the details
Can I return my item? Yes you can, please click here for the details.