The Infant Insert makes it possible to carry your small infant in your Tula Baby Carrier, and is required for use with a baby between 3.5 - 7kg (7-15 pounds). The insert enables the cozy carrying position, ensuring adequate head/neck support and healthy maturation of the spine in a front carry.
The Infant Insert includes an integrated harness which secures your baby to the insert.
The Infant Insert is recommended to securely and comfortably use our Baby sized Tula Baby Carrier with small infants, up to until your baby can sit independently with knees dangling down freely in an ergonomic spread squat position and is a minimum of 15 pounds.
The Infant Insert is not intended to be used in a back carry or to be used with our Toddler sized Tula Baby Carrier.
*Infants weighing 3.5kg - 7kg (7 - 15 pounds) must use the Tula Infant Insert (sold separately). Infants more than 7kg (15 pounds) must continue using the Tula Infant Insert with the Tula Baby Carrier until the baby can hold head up consistently for an extended period of time, and is tall enough to be placed in a fully seated position with knees dangling freely at a right angle.
Infant Insert Instructions
- Lay the infant insert on a safe, flat surface. Lay your baby on the insert. Make sure that the insert is aligned with baby's neck to provide neck support. Lift the harness belt up through in between your baby's legs.
- Secure the hook and loop closure on each strap to the bottom and back of the insert (there should be three prats of the harness that are secured).
- The insert should cover baby's stomach and it should reach somewhere at or around the belly button.
- Secure the waist belt by fasting the buckle. Tighten the waist belt by pulling on the adjustable strap. The carrier's body panel should be centered to your body.
- Lift your baby, along with the insert.
- Bring your baby, in the insert, to your chest and hold it close and high enough, where you are able to kiss your baby's head.
- While holding your baby with one hand, use your other hand to lift up the Tula body panel over the baby and insert.
- Still holding your baby with one hand, use your free hand to put the shoulder strap on your arm.
- Alternate hands and hold baby with other hand while using your free hand to put the second should strap on.
- Buckle the chest clip behind your shoulders and across your back. If the carrier fits loosely, pull the adjustable shoulder straps for a snug fit. You want to make sure that the carrier is holding your baby close to you, where the baby is not able to slide down.
- Put your hands inside the carrier to check the position of your baby's legs. Make sure the baby is in the correct M-position. Knees should be slightly higher than baby's bottom. Also, check to make sure that your infant's airway is not obstructed.
- Monitor your baby while wearing him or her to ensure that your baby maintains an open airway at all times while being worn with chin off of chest.
NOTE: For older infants who do not need the neck support of the infant insert but still require the lifted seat for visibility and a less while seat, you can detach the bottom cushion to be used alone. If you are only using the bottom cushion, begin following the steps starting at step #5.
We recommend spot cleaning your carrier as needed with a soft cloth, soap and warm water. Machine wash when necessary in cold water, on delicate cycle, with mild detergent. Air dry.
What size Tula should I get? Baby (Standard) or Toddler?
The standard (Baby) Tula is recommended for children from 7-20kg (15 – 45lbs). You can use the standard Tula for newborns, combined with an infant insert
Free to Grow extenders can also be added to the standard to lengthen the “life” of the carrier by adding to the width of the body panel.
The toddler Tula is recommended beginning when the child is a minimum of 11kg (25 pounds) and 82cm (32 inches) tall. Due to the height and width of the Toddler carrier, we do not recommend using the toddler size with a newborn or an infant below our minimum height recommendation.
This 2 year old is 86cm (34 inches) tall and weighs 12.5kg (27lbs). He fits comfortably in both the Baby Tula as well as the Toddler Tula.
Can you use an infant insert with a Toddler Tula?
No, the infant insert can only be used with a standard sized carrier.
Does Tula fit plus sized and petite mums?
Our carriers are designed to fit any size wearer whether they are petite or plus sized, man or woman. The waist band has 70cm (27”) of padding with an additional 73cm (29”) of webbing, which is a waist total of between approximately 70cm (27”) to 142cm (56”). We also have designed “Perfect Fit Adjusters” on the front of the shoulder strap which can be cinched down for petite wearers or extended for taller wearers.
How long does shipping usually take?
Generally orders within Australia are shipped the same or next day and take 2 days, this can vary so here are all thedetails
Can I return my item?
Yes you can, please clickhere for the details.