Ergobaby Adapt Carrier - Azure BlueErgobaby
Offering world renowned comfort and ergonomics, the easy-to-use Ergobaby Adapt Carrier adjusts to support a growing baby from newborn to toddler – no insert needed.
- Recommended by and developed in consultation with health professionals
- Easy-to-use adjustability across all stages from birth to toddler
- No Infant Insert required for newborns
- 3 carry positions: inward-facing front, hip, & back
- Cushioned head & neck support folds into three positions to support baby
- Adjustable bucket seat graduates through three ergonomic positions as baby grows
- Aligns with the recommended carry position from the International Hip Dysplasia Institute
- Comfortable for parents baby’s weight is evenly distributed across your hips and shoulders
- Padded shoulder straps offer a crisscross option and easy to reach buckles
- Padded waistband with extra lumbar support and double adjustment
- Highly adjustable to suit wearers from 153cm – 195cm (5’ to 6’5”)
- Breastfeed on the go adjustable design allows hands-free feeding
- SPF 50+ hood allows for sleeping baby, discreet breastfeeding, and sun/wind protection. Adjusts in length with 5 snap levels for growth of baby
- Promotes mobility great for tight spaces, uneven surfaces and stairs – whether in or outdoors
- Chest strap: Sliding adjustment
- Fill: 100% cotton batting in body of carrier to soften edges
- Small pocket doubles as storage for sleeping hood
- Machine washable: Cold with mild detergent on gentle cycle. Dry on delicate cycle and remove when seams are still damp. Air dry
- Carrier weight - 750 grams
- Usage Range - Birth to toddler; from 3.2kg to 20kgs – no infant insert required
- Waist Band adjusts from 66 – 140cm (26-55”)
How to Adapt the Ergobaby Adapt for newborns and toddlers
Front Inward Carry (you can cross the back straps if you desire).
Back Carry In Ergobaby Adapt
Do I need an infant insert to use with a newborn?
No, you don't need an infant insert. The base of the Ergobaby Adapt is highly adaptable and suitable to use with a newborn without an insert.
Is the Ergobaby Adapt suitable to be used with a toddler?
Yes, the Ergobaby Adapt is suitable to be used for a toddler up to 20kg. The base can simply be used in the widest setting to facilitate a toddler. This is a perfect carrier for newborn to toddler.What age is best to move my baby to the back carry position?
Once a baby has developed upper body strength and can sit up for periods of time unassisted (usually around 4-6 months) they will be happy moving to your back. It is not uncommon, though, for younger babies to be able to sit happily on the back as well. If a child is fussing in the back carry position for the first time, bring them to a mirror where they will find comfort in seeing both you and themselves. Also, bouncing and movement will help. Get walking, get settled!
Do I need to have someone help me get my child into the carrier?
No – Ergobaby is all about freedom! You can definitely get your baby in the carrier by yourself without the help of anyone or anything. All instructional videos are available through the Ergobaby You Tube Channel.
Can I breastfeed my child in the Ergobaby Carrier?
Yes, breastfeeding is very easy with the Ergobaby Carrier. Simply loosen the shoulder straps so that your baby is sitting lower. With an older baby you will have to lift your breast up to baby’s mouth level.